Netgear Routerlogin.net Setup With Existing Extender
Have you just bought a brand new Netgear router and want to set it up with an existing Netgear extender but can’t get it done? A user recently reported an issue while setting up the same devices. He could not set up the new Netgear router with the extender which is already set up. Are you also facing issues and looking for a quick remedy for this? Well, you are about to find one on this very post. You first need to access routerlogin.net setup page and get the setup of your router done. Once this is done, you can go for connecting the router and extender. Stick to reading to learn the exact procedure of how to go about it.
Netgear Routerlogin.net Setup Instructions
You need to begin by setting up your Netgear router first. This means you first need to set up your router with the existing modem. After that, you can carry out the process of making the connections between the new router and the existing extender.
We will thus discuss the web GUI method to set up the router first. In this method, you log in and reach the routerlogin.net setup page and follow the setup instructions. Here’s how you do this:
- The Netgear router needs to be placed closer to the modem. This is essential.
- Turn off the modem for some time. Remove its power socket from the wall outlet. This will give some time for your modem to recover settings.
- Using an Ethernet cable(RJ 45) to join the Internet port of the router to the LAN port of the modem.
- Ensure a finger-tight connection between the two devices to avoid any issues.
- Next, turn on the modem by plugging it into a well active wall outlet available.
- After that, plug in the router and switch it on as well. Let the lights on it turn stable.
- Connect your computer/laptop to the router’s network.
- You can go for a WiFi connection or use an Ethernet cable here.
- Run a browser now and visit routerlogin.net. The default IP address of the Netgear router can also be used.
- Upon reaching the routerlogin.net setup page, accept the terms and conditions and proceed ahead.
- Assign the admin password and continue.
- After a few more prompts, you will be asked to assign a WiFi password. Do the same for different wireless bands.
- Keep on executing the instructions the way they appear and soon you will be done setting up your Netgear router.
This completes the new Netgear router setup with the home network. Now comes the connection between the router and extender.
How to Connect Netgear Extender with New Netgear Router?
Step 1: Reset the Extender
Yes! You read that right. This is where users make mistakes. It is essential that the existing extender should be reset to the factory settings first and then go for the setup process. Only when the extender is running on the default settings, you can set it up with the router. Thus do this first:
- Power up the Netgear wireless range extender by connecting it to a wall socket.
- Let it boot up completely.
- Now, locate a button labeled Reset on it.
- It will be inside a hole.
- Using a paper clip or an oil pin press the button gently and hold it for 10 seconds minimum.
- Your extender is now reset and runs on the default values.
Step 2: Set Up Extender
Just like you used the routerlogin.net setup page to set up your router, in the same way, you need to access the mywifiext.net setup page and get your extender setup executed. The steps are discussed ahead:
- Connect the extender and router using an Ethernet cable first.
- Turn on the router first and then the extender.
- Get your computer connected to the extender’s WiFi now. Or use an Ethernet cable.
- Fire up an updated browser to visit mywifiext.net URL.
- Once the setup page appears, follow the prompts that you see on your screen.
This way you can get your new router connected to the existing WiFi extender.
Now you are well aware of why you got stuck previously while setting up the extender with the new router. Since you are done with setting up your router using routerlogin.net setup page and also configured your extender, you can have different devices connected to their WiFi. Also, you can move the extender to a new location. Happy Browsing!